Skip to main content

Enrolling Your Student

Enrolling your student:

Please make sure you are in the Kennedy attendance area before signing up:


                                                 *Enrollment is by virtual appointment only* 

All appointments are made with our centralized enrollment center, the department of Student Support Services, located at 4210 Technology Drive - Rm 160. For questions or concerns regarding scheduling, you may reach out to Student Support Services here at (510) 657-2350 or by email at


 FUSD DOES NOT PRE-ENROLL students coming from out-of-state or out-of-country.

Once the student resides in Fremont, their family has established permanent residency in our attendance area and can provide residence documentation, the parent/guardian may then complete the enrollment process.

We cannot make exceptions to this policy.

• The legal residence of the pupil and parent(s) is where the pupil/parents reside 5 school nights a week. In cases of joint custody or separation, the parent/guardian must declare a primary residence of the child and legal documentation may be required.

• If the student resides within the District attendance area but without his/her parent(s), the legal guardian(s) must provide the District with a legal court document showing **proof of guardianship to be eligible for enrollment.

• Pursuant to Board policy, Affidavits of Residency and/or informal transfers of parental control will not be accepted.

**If you are a family member who will be caring for the student and needs information regarding enrollment, or, if your family resides in a household with another family, please view our caregiver/declaration of residency information page here: Caregiver Affidavit and Declaration of Residency 



California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions


Documentation of a child's immunization record is required by State Law (California Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375). Either a doctor's written statement or an official immunization record is necessary for enrollment

  • All students need to have proof of vaccination submitted to their current school office before their start date
  • The record must show a stamp or signature from the physician or health care provider, as well as the child's full name and date of birth
  • Students who are not up to date on their vaccinations may be excluded from school until they are up to date

Click the link here Shots for School


Special Education / IEP 

You can go directly to the FUSD district office, department of Special Services, located at 4210 Technology Drive - Rm 100, anytime during the summer, and complete a 30-day placement request.

For questions or concerns, you may reach out to Special Services at (510) 659-2569 or by emailing one of their staff members directly: Staff Contacts

The application/enrollment LINK for 22/23 & 23/24 is located in step 3 of this information page please make sure to read the following information thoroughly before scheduling your appointment.

Enrollment Steps:

  1. For detailed instructions on how to enroll your New FUSD student and a list of required supplementary documents needed, please view this link Read enrollment instructions (Spanish) (Chinese)
  2. Enrollment instructional video: if your child is new, or returning, to Fremont Unified School District please view this instructional video for beginning enrollment: Video for New or Slideshow for New

    *NOTE: The video has information for both primary and secondary enrollment - Secondary information begins at 9min-50sec video time.

  3. Application (LINK) - You will be asked to scan the required documents. It is important that you scan these documents to your computer/mobile device prior to beginning the online enrollment application. You will need to access these documents while completing the enrollment application. Please save each document as its own document as you will upload them in different sections of the online application (residency documents can be scanned together). Please name the file with the last name and type; please do not use non-alphanumeric characters such as commas, and periods.
  4. After you submit an application, you will receive an email from Infinite Campus with instructions to schedule an appointment for a virtual meeting to finalize the enrollment.
  5. Once the above enrollment steps are complete the Registrar will contact you by phone or email with more information regarding course selection and start date.

Please visit: 

Student Support Services

            Enrollment for 23/24 School year:


Read Enrollment Instructions LINK (English)

Slideshow For New LINK  (English)

Spanish LINK  (Slideshow is included)

Chinese LINK (Slideshow is included)

TImelines for 2023- 2024 Enrollment:

2023-2024 New Secondary Student (grades 6-12) Enrollment Timeline



                                                                   FUSD Course Catalog

                                     Congratulations, you've completed the Enrollment process! 



TImelines for 2023- 2024 Enrollment:

2023-2024 Continuing Student Timeline

     2023-2024 School Year Instructional Calendar